2023 DRF Writers Award Winner Announced
- Judges Abdulrazak Gurnah, Claire Adam and Annalena McAfee announce Neil Rollison as the winner of the 2023 Deborah Rogers Foundation Writers Award for his work, The Dead Don’t Bleed.
- Two runners up were congratulated: Michelle Alipao Chikaonda for The Dying Embers of Our Setting Sun and Alicia McAuley for The Caul.
- Neil Rollinson receives £10,000, the two runners up £1,000 each
- 864 entries were considered.
- A shortlist of three was chosen from a longlist of nine.
- Chair of the judges, Abdulrazak Gurnah announced the news at a ceremony at Faber, The Bindery, London on Thursday 9 November.
The shortlist for the 2018 DRF Writers Award will be announced on Wednesday 2nd May. The Award itself will be presented by Anne Enright on Wednesday 16th May at an event in London
We are delighted to announce the publication of The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar this month by Harvill Secker.
At 6pm on Wednesday 13th December submissions to the DRF Writers’ Award closed. The winner will be announced in May 2018 and shortlisted writers will be contacted directly.
Submissions for the 2018 Writers’ Award close on 13th December.
Submissions open from 1 October until 13 December 2017. Man Booker winner, Anne Enright, to chair the judges. Ponti, winner of the inaugural award, already sold in 8 countries
Submissions for the 2018 Writers Award will open on 1st October 2017 and close on 13th December 2017.
The winner of the inaugural Deborah Rogers Foundation Bursary Award is Sam Coates, Senior Rights Executive of Vintage Books, PRH. The Bursary will henceforth be known as the DRF David Miller Bursary in memory of David Miller (1966-2016) who worked at RCW and was a founding member of the DRF Bursary.
The applications for the inaugural Deborah Rogers Foundation Bursary award are now closed.
"In April 2014, the death of the “peerless” literary agent Deborah Rogers shocked the book trade; an estimated 800 people were in attendance at a memorial held in her honour in October that year....
The Deborah Rogers Foundation is delighted to announce a second award, The Deborah Rogers Foundation Bursary.